Last updated: April 2011.
The following links are to RSS feeds which can be copied into a podcast reader, iTunes, Google Reader etc… Click the ‘homepage’ link if you’re unsure about how to use them. Android mobile users can load them into Beyond Pod (free, or full version US$6.99) or Google Listen (free). Podcaster comes recommended for iPhone users.
- BBC: From Our Own Correspondent – Pure journalism [Homepage]
- BBC: Thinking Allowed – UK documentary series. [Homepage]
- BBC: Documentaries – A catch-all, regularly updated feed of domestic and World Service documentaries. [Homepage]
- NPR: This American Life – Goes without saying. Journalistic non-fiction with Ira Glass in this weekly hour-long program produced by Chicago NPR. [Homepage]
- WNYC: Radiolab – Similar to the above – science, philosophy and the human experience. [Homepage]
- NPR: All Things Considered – Daily news features from the US equivalent of Radio 4. [Homepage]
- Dr. Kiki’s Science Hour – Different science topics each week. [Homepage]
- Guardian: Politics Weekly – A weekly digest, and analysis of, UK political news. [Homepage]
- Guardian: Media Talk – Essential media commentary. [Homepage]
- New York Times: Freakonomics Radio – Melding pop culture with economics. [Homepage]